1. Local

Bruins Stanley Cup Parade Will Be Saturday at 11 a.m.

By June 16, 2011

null

The Bruins are back from Vancouver with the Stanley Cup in town, and Mayor Menino announced this morning that the city would toss a championship parade Saturday morning at 11.

The parade will begin at the TD Garden and end at Copley Square. The exact route is to be finalized later today, but the Boston Business Journal points out that the Celtics' 2008 parade began and ended at similar locations, and took a route that turned onto Cambridge Street, then onto Tremont, before turning right onto Boylston Street and ending at Copley.

The Bruins are Stanley Cup champions for the first time since 1972 by virtue of their dominant 4-0, Game 7 win over the Vancouver Canucks. And while the late-night streets were relatively quiet in Boston, violent riots broke out in Vancouver after watching the Canucks fail to win their first Cup in franchise history. The front page of this morning's Vancouver Province seems almost like it was taken in a war zone. Sad.

Getty Images Sport Photo

Comments

June 16, 2011 at 1:13 am
(1) andrew lichwala says:

Sat would be a great day for a parade

June 16, 2011 at 1:16 am
(2) Jackie says:

Friday would be better

June 16, 2011 at 1:19 am
(3) chris says:

Saturday…..let those with full time jobs (military) make it. I’ve never cried after one of bostons championships, but seeing timmy carry the cup made me pour. Let me celebrate with boston, and not just by crying amongst caps fans at a bar near DC……please!

June 16, 2011 at 1:20 am
(4) Bru haha says:

NO Saturday would cause too many problems.

June 16, 2011 at 1:20 am
(5) ethan says:

Friday deff. Work satt. GO BRUINS

June 16, 2011 at 1:22 am
(6) blackngold77 says:

quite the opposite bruhaha,

if the parade is Fri, then you have hundreds of thousands of people riding the trains into Boston at peak time in the morning when anyone who works in Boston is also trying to get into the city.

June 16, 2011 at 1:26 am
(7) CTbiotch says:

SATURDAY. US GROWN UPS HAVE TO WORK ON FRIDAY

June 16, 2011 at 1:27 am
(8) MiME says:

Deff saturday so those who work a regular schedule can attend

June 16, 2011 at 1:31 am
(9) mike says:

i dont understand how saturday would cause trouble. Saturday is way better so people with full time jobs that cant get the time off this quickly to go can actually go and the fact that its a full work day for everyone friday means city would be so crowded and over crowded at that.

June 16, 2011 at 1:35 am
(10) Paul says:

Congratulations!!! We are the Champions!!! Actually, Lord Thomas and the Bruins are!!! Make it FRIDAY Please!!! Everyone can have an extra long lunch and head out for the weekend! Everyone already has plans for Saturday and the police won’t have to be paid overtime! Go Bruins! See you on Friday and Congratulations and Thanks for a great season!

June 16, 2011 at 1:35 am
(11) Dan says:

Saturday would be a much better day!!!

June 16, 2011 at 1:36 am
(12) matt says:

Hey, to the jack ass who made the comment about full time jobs and that he’s in the military (as if that makes his comment more valid), I have 2 full time jobs and work a third sometimes too. I happened have Friday off. I work over 80 hours a week so quit you bitching.

June 16, 2011 at 1:36 am
(13) Rachel says:

PARADE NEEDS TO BE SATURDAY. i work friday and I’m sure most of the people who read this will agree with me!

June 16, 2011 at 1:45 am
(14) BriunsBiggestFan says:

Saturday! Let people who work/live outside of Boston who have been fans forever enjoy this!

June 16, 2011 at 1:53 am
(15) millerman says:

make it monday…..another day off and let’s savor the moment and let the players enjoy it too. plus coming in from indiana takes some time. please please monday!!!!!!

June 16, 2011 at 1:55 am
(16) Frank says:

Saturday is a good parade day.

June 16, 2011 at 1:55 am
(17) krystle says:

please don’t make it friday, I’ve got 500 miles to cover to get there. Saturday, thanks!

June 16, 2011 at 1:57 am
(18) gina says:

Red Sox are playing sat and sunday afternoon in Boston

June 16, 2011 at 1:58 am
(19) gina says:

red sox playing sat + sun afternoons

June 16, 2011 at 1:59 am
(20) millerman says:

that’s why monday is better!!!!
sure red six want to be there too

June 16, 2011 at 2:02 am
(21) krystle says:

they play 162 games, i’m sure it’ll be fine if we interrupt 1.

June 16, 2011 at 2:05 am
(22) Alan says:

Sat would be better and to the guy whos cryin matt about how u have 2 full time jobs and eants too diss miliitary people eat it not my fault yoyr life sucks I am military and work the same hrs as u so sorry u cant make it

June 16, 2011 at 2:10 am
(23) mlpbsb says:

@Matt – even if you don’t agree with Chris that it should not be on Saturday you have no right calling him a Jackass. You are the JACKASS for disrespecting someone who defends your FREEDOM to have a parade. You are not the only person who works more than one job. Do you put your life on the line every time you go to work? Now I’m not saying just because he is in the military he’s right, just don’t call someone who sacrifices everyday a Jackass. Let’s just celebrate the Bruins VICTORY!

June 16, 2011 at 2:12 am
(24) mike says:

the mayor must have a reason for wanting it saturday. Must want it saturday because in boston a huge huge huge city its already insane on a normal workday and next to impossible to get on trains or drive in to begin with and this would cause way too much of a headache for the city to have it on a friday workday.

June 16, 2011 at 2:21 am
(25) Doug says:

Saturday would be better. I’ve been to Patriots and Celtics parade during the week and Red Sox ones on the weekend, and the weekend ones are better for getting in and out of the city and let’s more fans go without interuppting people that frankly just dont care but are in the city for work or other reasons.

June 16, 2011 at 2:37 am
(26) GAIL says:

FRIDAY WHY WAIT BRING IT ON NOW

June 16, 2011 at 2:42 am
(27) Stevew says:

Congratulations to Bostin Bruins – You played an excellent game and earned the Stanley Cup!! Well done! Canuck fans are celebrating and, although disappointed with our loss, are not the ones rioting in Vancouver – those would be vandels and hooligans. Vancouver enjoyed your goal tending and your team earned the Cup!

June 16, 2011 at 3:20 am
(28) krystal says:

Friday would be better, more options for public transportation for the whole state!

June 16, 2011 at 3:41 am
(29) Bad Amy says:

Saturday. We have a 400 m drive! Loved Bruins since ORR!

June 16, 2011 at 3:41 am
(30) pooper says:

Why wasn’t this ironed out two weeks ago?

June 16, 2011 at 3:51 am
(31) Nitelite says:

Weather for Friday is rain. Saturday looks clear. Lets go Saturday!

June 16, 2011 at 4:41 am
(32) Chris says:

@Pooper: How on earth can you schedule a parade 2 weeks before? 2 weeks ago, the series had just begun, and they had no idea when it would end or if it would end in our favor.

June 16, 2011 at 5:12 am
(33) Pat. says:

City of boston schools are off on FRIDAY

June 16, 2011 at 5:22 am
(34) Josh Bertera says:

Why dont this make it for next week to give people more time to take the day off?

June 16, 2011 at 5:57 am
(35) joe says:

Thursday is the best

June 16, 2011 at 6:13 am
(36) Tom says:

To matt . Keep your ignorant comments to yourself.
The fellow that was in the military was just expressing his preference for what day he wanted the parade. I
hope your day is good.

June 16, 2011 at 6:15 am
(37) Laura says:

Funny that you all think posting on here will actually effect what day it is.

June 16, 2011 at 6:19 am
(38) sginiewicz says:

Friday would be great because of the graduations on Saturday. A lot of people won’t be able to make it. WE ALL WANT TO SHOW OUR SUPPORT. Please do it FRIDAY :)

June 16, 2011 at 6:25 am
(39) Glenn says:

It was great to all timmy and all those guys rise the cup I watch a lot of them Starting out when they played for the P Bruins in Great Job

June 16, 2011 at 6:35 am
(40) have a life says:

Why not have it Springfield!

Boston is a nightmare to get around at anytime. If everyone is driving 500 miles for the parade have it somewhere else so it won’t be a pain in the ass.

Oh, then you can have it any day you want.

Joy

Hope the sox choke early so I don’t have to put up with their traffic as well.

June 16, 2011 at 6:40 am
(41) Bullet says:

Just thrilled that they won ans there is going to be a parade : )

June 16, 2011 at 7:26 am
(42) anonymous says:

oh let’s have it saturday cause Chris said so screw that friday thjen sleep on saturday.

June 16, 2011 at 7:30 am
(43) mark says:

The players live all around the world and want to celebrate with their friends and family. Friday! When the Sox won in 04 I stayed home from work,pulled my daughter from school and went in the drizzle during the week and had a great time! Friday!

June 16, 2011 at 7:39 am
(44) Kelly says:

Please have it Saterday. Think about the kids that are still in school who would not have a chance to see this. It would make for a great piece of history for them as well.

June 16, 2011 at 7:44 am
(45) Pauline Labelle says:

For the Boston’s parade, it should be saturday because we come from Canada and we are big big fans of Boston’s Bruins and we would like to attend the parade but if it is tomorrow we won’t be able to make it, it is to fast, it will take us 9 hours of car drive so please consider people that are working and people coming from canada.

Please, let it be on saturday,

Thanks,

From fans from Canada

June 16, 2011 at 7:57 am
(46) Tape says:

ah yes, the Springfield Bruins. wait, what?

June 16, 2011 at 7:57 am
(47) Paula51 says:

Please, let big big fan from Canada to have the time to arrange to be there to celebrate that great series, we want to be there because this might be the only occasions in our life time …. hope not but anyways, saturday would be perfect for 80% of people that are working.

June 16, 2011 at 8:04 am
(48) Nick Parent says:

FRIDAY< FRIDAY< GONNA GET DOWN ON FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 16, 2011 at 8:05 am
(49) Keri says:

SATURDAY PLEASE! MY BOYFRIEND MADE ME A HUGE FAN THIS PAST SEASON, AND I WORK FRIDAY SO SATURDAY WOULD BE KEY SO I CAN ATTEND WITH HIM!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) GO BRUINS, HORTON IS MY HERO!!!!!

June 16, 2011 at 8:06 am
(50) dotrat says:

the parade has to be Friday–it’s Bunker Hill Day-the ultimate HACK holiday! that’s a double time payday for all police/fire/ems/city hall layabouts/parade coordinators/and ESSENTIAL city workers. Of course all Boston /Suffolk/and State workers will become ESSENTIAL so they can come to work-do nothing and get paid DOUBLE TIME TO WATCH A PARADE!

June 16, 2011 at 8:07 am
(51) Derek says:

Sat … Most People work Monday – Friday … Sat … Sat … Y dies the working man have to miss every parade after Boston championship …;( sat please

June 16, 2011 at 8:10 am
(52) THE KILLER BEE says:

saturday it isssssss!!!!!!!

June 16, 2011 at 8:11 am
(53) m dowd says:

Friday, Friday please else many cannot go due to baseball, yes
it might cost extra money due to Bunker Hill Day – but its once
in a lifetime and they deserve it!

June 16, 2011 at 8:20 am
(54) J. Xaam says:

First of all, I would like to conragulate the bruins for and outstanding season. I’ve never seen The Boston Bruins win the cup before, same as many, I’m sure. I would have it on Saturday, even if the Rex Sox are playing, The Bruins can always make a special appearance at the game in the Seventh inning sr
Stretch. I am sure that The Red Sox and the fans won’t mind. The Celtics did it when they won, and I was there for both. Went to the parade and then seen an Red Sox game after. The Celtics made an special appearence and that game got even more worth going. Nobody knew that they were going to be there and I for one thought that was a masterful decision made by the Celtics. So the Bruins should do the same, do the parade first and than make an appearence at the Red Sox game for a more enjoyabe time for all. Everyones happy. And Red Sox fans would be most greatful, Red Sox players could celebrate with the Bruins. I would be an outstanding day for Boston. YOU DID IT B’s, I BELIEVED!!!

June 16, 2011 at 8:24 am
(55) Boston1117 says:

Definately Sat so families can enjoy the Parade together.

June 16, 2011 at 8:27 am
(56) bruins #1 says:

SATURDAY would be perfect

June 16, 2011 at 8:28 am
(57) bonnie says:

all of the fans that work on fridays would so like to see the parade on saturday so we can go please consider saturday

June 16, 2011 at 8:45 am
(58) Ben M says:

So today’s Thurs – plans rumored to have the parade Friday, will be meeting tomorrow to finalize?!? I need to drive 4 hrs into the city come on Boston! Please don’t do me dirty like this

June 16, 2011 at 8:50 am
(59) Keri says:

I think the parade should be held saturday because with us that have full time jobs and kids in schol wouldnt be able to make it :(

June 16, 2011 at 9:06 am
(60) Lisa says:

Please Friday.

June 16, 2011 at 9:24 am
(61) BassEditor says:

Hurry up and decide because I need to book the flight from Toronto or Buffalo! The (Canadian) champagne sure tasted sweet last night! The Beeeez have done us proud.

June 16, 2011 at 9:30 am
(62) Steve says:

Look on either day people are gonna miss the parade! Bit you’re gonna see highlights on TV an I know it’s not the same bbeing there but you see the cup for about 2 minutes tops! And whoever said it should be in Springfield…no just no!

June 16, 2011 at 9:31 am
(63) Jeremy says:

I was already planning on going to Boston for my 21st birthday which is on Saturday… I’m REALLY hoping the parade is also on Saturday!

June 16, 2011 at 10:09 am
(64) Bruins77 says:

Please be Sat. I’m coming from London Ontario Canada.
Great job B’s

June 16, 2011 at 10:11 am
(65) amanda says:

friday would be great

June 16, 2011 at 10:14 am
(66) kroc says:

Saturday at 11am

June 16, 2011 at 10:14 am
(67) James Morrison says:

I think Sunday would be great. What a way to celebrate Father’s day too!!!

June 16, 2011 at 10:15 am
(68) Robert says:

I am from Boston, and now live in NY. I want to go, yet Friday won’t work for me. I will make the 8 hr drive for the parade if it is held Saturday.

June 16, 2011 at 10:16 am
(69) Gt1racer says:

Just watched on 7 News Boston Mayor Menino announced Saturday at 11am. Parade Route to be between TD Garden and Tremont-Copley Square. more info should pour in soon.

June 16, 2011 at 10:33 am
(70) Pongman says:

Saturday would be great! I can watch it on TV. Besides I live in Florida.

June 16, 2011 at 11:33 am
(71) Drew says:

parade on saturday…i work friday then i have a 7 hour drive to get to boston…..PLEASE!!!!

June 16, 2011 at 12:23 pm
(72) Jim Morrison says:

I Like Sunday, thoough that won’t happen. It’s gonna rain on Sat and be sunny on Sunday.

June 16, 2011 at 12:44 pm
(73) dayna says:

WTF, if the Bruins want Saturday then Saturday it is…they are the one’s that won the Cup!!! Way to go Thomas!!! Congratulations Boston!!!

June 16, 2011 at 12:52 pm
(74) Jeff says:

Saturday sucks!!! Parade route ends within a mile of Fenway Park where Sox game is scheduled for 1pm!!! And oldies103.3 concert is at Hatch shell same day with lane closure (for parking) on Storrow starting at 4pm… add in the Rt. 93 lane closures for the temp bridges going in… going to be a traffic nightmare… even if you are taking public transportation!!

June 16, 2011 at 1:42 pm
(75) Mark says:

Was hoping it would be Friday, I’m off. I am working on Saturday. But of course it is all about the Bruin, their phenomenal organization and their incredible resilience. From my heart, congratulations.

June 16, 2011 at 11:43 pm
(76) kevin says:

Yeeeeeaaaah Broooooons!!!!!!
Congrats to the Black and Gold and all the fans in Boston. Been a Bruin fan since 1967. My heart will be at the parade with you all. All the way from Calgary, Alberta, Canada…Way to go….What a ride! What a win! Lets do it again next year. Enjoy the parade.

June 17, 2011 at 10:17 pm
(77) Jimmy says:

can someone tell me what time the parade ends? from 11:00 a.m. to what time ? i am traveling from NH and need to know this….thanks

April 11, 2012 at 10:30 am
(78) Jessica says:

Get a newsletter ezine marketing crash for only $5. http://goo.gl/k1gBg

April 25, 2012 at 6:14 am
(79) Wow. I just got an amazing deal and wanted to share it with you. says:

hello there and thanks in your info ? I’ve certainly picked up something new from right here. I did then again expertise a few technical points the use of this web site, since I experienced to reload the site many times prior to I may get it to load correctly. I were wondering in case your web host is OK? Not that I’m complaining, but slow loading cases instances will sometimes impact your placement in google and could harm your quality rating if ads and marketing with Adwords. Well I’m including this RSS to my e-mail and can glance out for much extra of your respective fascinating content. Ensure that you replace this again very soon..

June 10, 2012 at 9:00 pm
(80) Mixing valve repair says:

Very good article! We will be linking to this great article on our site. Keep up the great writing.

June 11, 2012 at 2:30 am
(81) Santa Barbara dentures Click for details says:

Howdy! This post couldn�t be written much better! Reading through this post reminds me of my previous roommate! He always kept talking about this. I am going to send this article to him. Fairly certain he will have a good read. Thank you for sharing!

July 3, 2012 at 9:42 am
(82) West Orange Driver's Ed says:

Excellent beat ! I would like to apprentice while you amend your website, how can i subscribe for a blog website? The account aided me a acceptable deal. I were a little bit familiar of this your broadcast provided vibrant clear concept

July 6, 2012 at 1:51 am
(83) Asheville Self Defense says:

Its like you read my mind! You seem to grasp so much approximately this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you just could do with a few p.c. to pressure the message home a bit, however instead of that, that is great blog. A fantastic read. I will certainly be back.